Monday 13 August 2012

Bloodstock Open Air Festival

Okay so looking at the title of this post, most of you wouldn't have a clue what this is, well Bloodstock is a heavy metal festival that is held near Alrewas in Derbyshire. I know, heavy metal isn't exactly "chic" however I didn't go for the music, I went to work behind the bar in the VIP section with one of my friends. We got the job through the restaurant we work for, who run the VIP section at this festival.

But it ended up being really fun and also a good way to observe Gothic fashion where it all originated from, for this particular group of people their music is there life, they live for it, they dress for it, they die their hair for it. It is a complete lifestyle choice. And some of the things they were wearing was outrageous! But brilliant, women in head to toe leather, we have the rock community to thank for inspiring leather in fashion. The current trend of studded clothing also originated from rock and metal, I think everyone there was wearing at least one thing covered in studs!

Before I went to this festival I did have preconceived ideas about the people I would be serving, but it turns out that heavy metal followers are some of the nicest people you will ever meet! They were chatty and friendly and generous tippers! So all in all even though we worked nearly 30 hours in one weekend, it was actually quite a fun experience and I would definitely do it again next year!



This is me and Shannen behind the bar in our staff T-shirts, both of the shorts we are wearing were from topshop. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers